Rice Salad in Golden Pockets
By Chef Ling Halbert
reparation : ±10 mins
Cooking : ± 15 mins
Serves : 6 – 8
1 pack fried tofu pockets
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 pcs fresh tomato (not ripen)
1/2 cup 3-in-1 frozen peas, corn kernels and carrot
1/3 cup fresh coriander
1/3 cup sesame seeds
½ lemon or lime
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp mayonnaise
• Pre-cook the brown rice
• Wash and chop the coriander
• Chop the tomato into small cubes
• Separate the tofu pockets carefully and gently squeeze out excess water
• Pour boiling water onto a bowl of frozen peas, corn and carrot. Stir for awhile then drain them. Do this step twice to ensure they are cooked and ready for consumption!
• In a large bowl, mix brown rice, peas, corns, carrot, sesame seeds, soy sauce, mayonnaise, lime juice and coriander well
• Spoon the rice mixture into the pockets and garnish with coriander
1.Tofu pockets can be purchased from Coles or Asian supermarket on the Japanese food section
2.The ingredients in this recipe are for suggestions only ! Please feel free to add other ingredients that you and your loved ones enjoy..
PS: mushrooms are a great addition to this.